feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
1) What will my appointment look like?
- For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2 hours. This procedure should NEVER be rushed! Numbing cream is applied before the Microblading begins, followed by a liquid anesthetic gel during the procedure making this process as comfortable as possible. During the session, the microblading artist will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. The first half is taken using a facial measuring tool and drawing the shape with a removable marker. This is the most important step, as this is where the client and artist work together closely to perfect the ideal brow for the client’s facial structure. Once the facial mapping is complete, we will work with you to customize your shape and color based on your personal preference. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
- The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to review the healed results and microblade faded areas to reinforce color retention. The second Microblading session takes place 6 weeks after the initial session.
2) How long does it take to heal?
- It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You'll notice the color is very light after the initial two weeks of healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once completely healed at one month.
3) Is a touch up necessary?
Yes! A touch up session after 6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color.
4) Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area which is reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic. Depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn.
5) How long will it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual's color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
6) What are the risks associated with microblading?
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using high end pigments, one time use medical grade stainless steel microblades and a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications. Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
· Topical makeup products
· Gold, silver and nickel
· Hair dyes
7) What if I don't like it?
- As with all elective cosmetic procedures, individuals should firmly weigh the decision to have semi-permanent makeup performed. We always recommend clients do their research and understand the procedure before making their decision. At Alphonse Beauty, we will do our utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients satisfaction prior to the procedure. We do not begin microblading until client is happy and signs off on the brow design. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. An uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and color correction can also be fixed during the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
8) What is required to book an appointment?
- A deposit is required for all appointments.
- Any changes to your scheduled appointment must be made 72 hours in advance.
*We have a no refund policy, and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone*